Plastic bottles and courgettes!
Did you know that:
- 275,000 tonnes of plastic are used each year in the UK, that’s about 15 million bottles per day.
- Most families throw away about 40kg of plastic per year, which could otherwise be recycled.
- The use of plastic in Western Europe is growing about 4% each year.
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose.
Facts taken from Recycling-Guide.org.
During next weeks half term play scheme, Intact will be running an eco-friendly project – building a green house using plastic bottles. A worthwhile, educational yet engaging and enjoyable project.
Approx. 1000 2 litre plastic bottles wil be needed to complete the project. So if you have any and live in the Preston area please drop them in when you’ve used them!
Intact is a thriving community centre serving the needs of local residents within the Ingol and Tanterton areas of the City of Preston. And more recently has been able to offer more services and activities to more people in the City oand surrounding areas.
Find out more at the Intact Centre website.
Hopefully, next play scheme the kids will be growing their own veg. Speaking of which thought would just add a pic of some of the courgettes I grew last year!
Five other ways to use 2 litre plastic bottles
1. Plastic bottle vertical garden - Urban Greenery
2. Make a wasp trap – Apartment Therapy
3. Plastic bracelets - Kelly loves
4. Ice lanterns – ohmy-creative
5. Seed Starters – Astrosynergy